The Roland Library has a large meeting room available for use by the public. If you are interested in using the facility, contact the library at 388-4086 for more information and to determine availability.
Following is the Library Meeting Area Policy:
• Library sponsored activities are given priority. Under adequate notice the library reserves the right to revoke permission to use the meeting area. If a meeting is cancelled, the library expects to be notified within a reasonable time so that another meeting may be scheduled.
• The library meeting area is available for group meetings. Conduct disruptive to the library’s general function as a place of quiet study is prohibited, as determined by the staff on duty. The library director is authorized to deny permission to use the library meeting area to any group or individual that behaves in a disorderly or inappropriate manner.
• Reservations for the use of the meeting area are to be made with the librarian on duty. The area may be booked a maximum of 6 months in advance. The reservation procedure involves the completion of an application and signature of a responsible party (over 18 years of age). No group may transfer use of the meeting area to another group. The area is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
• If a key is needed, the person signing the responsibility form shall be responsible for picking up the key to the library during library hours. The group that uses the area will be responsible for locking the library and returning the key to the librarian. A key can be returned by dropping it in the book return. The expense of replacing a lost or damaged key will be assessed to the individual who signed the responsibility form. Any failure to return a key or to pay a fine for a lost or damaged key may cause the loss of the privilege of reserving the area in the future. The person/group signing the reservation form shall be held responsible for problems or cost resulting from the specified use. Furniture must be returned to the original arrangement and the area left clean and in order.
• Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted in the building.
• Plans for decorations must be approved by the library prior to installation. Materials which might deface the property may not be used; exits will not be obstructed at any time; decorations must be removed prior to leaving the facility.
• Permission to use the meeting area in no way implies that the library supports the views of the group, and in no way implies privacy from the library staff, Library Board, or designated City personnel from assessing and reporting conduct.
• In consideration of the library’s granting permission to use the facility, the users agree to hold the library and the City of Roland, its officers, RPL Board of Trustees and employees harmless and to indemnify them against any claims for loss of property or personal injuries resulting from or arising out of the activities to be held and conducted by the users on the premises.
• Deposit - $25; Signatory will pay a deposit, which is refundable if the area and furnishings are left in proper order.
Cleaning fee - $100/hr. at 1 hr. minimum. This fee will be assessed if the premises or furnishings are not left in original condition as determined by library staff.
Damage fee – repair or replacement costs.
Rental Fee: Non-profit organization – no charge; Private/Profit group - $15 (up to 4 hrs.), $25 (all day).
Furnishing Rental Fee – Folding chairs and portable tables may be rented for use outside the library at the discretion of the library director. Area rental fee will apply. In addition to other policies, signatory is also responsible for transport of furnishings and damages.
• Hours/Days of availability – 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday through Sunday.