- The Devil Has My Consent: The Real Story Behind the Salem Witch Trials Apr 28, 2018 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM — Roland Public Library,
- The Devil has my Consent In 1692 more than 200 people were accused of witchcraft in Salem, Massachusetts; 20 were executed. Why? What happened to create such hysteria? Were the accusers possessed? Experiencing delusions caused by eating spoiled grain? Discover the real story behind the behind the Salem Witch Trials.
- Star Wars Night May 04, 2018 from 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM — Roland Public Library,
- May the 4th be with you! Join us in celebration of Star Wars Day at Night! Movie, snacks, crafts, activities, and more! Come in costume and have some fun. All ages are invited to attend. Children under 6 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Free Comic Book Day May 05, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM — Roland Public Library,
- The Roland Public Library is once again partnering with Mayhem Comics to present Free Comic Book Day right here in Roland! Free Comic Book Day is an annual event founded on the belief that for every person out there, there’s a comic book that they’ll love. Every first Saturday in May, the industry comes together to give away free comics and encourage fans, both old and new, to flock to the best place in the comic book community! Stop in at the library and pick up the hottest comics around!
- Engineering Early Out May 09, 2018 from 01:30 PM to 02:30 PM
- Learn some cool engineering feats from real mechanical engineers! For kindergarten and up.
- Absolute Science! Jun 05, 2018 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM — Roland Public Library,
- Absolute Science is an amazingly fun and educational program aimed at children of all ages to become engaged in the world of science through our demonstrations and experiments. We offer a fun, interactive live program as well as an array of exciting "Creation Stations" where kids make and take awesome experiments. Great program for kids of all ages!
- Brad Wilkening Presents Lessons of the Holocaust Jun 09, 2018 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM — Roland Public Library,
- The Need for Holocaust Education and Lessons to be Learned I have found this topic to be more relevant now than ever before. The violence, intolerance, bigotry, and hatred must come to an end or our very way of life will be threatened. Bullying and indifference start at an early age, and we have a responsibility to help create a safer more caring environment. We need to be upstanders and not bystanders in the face of evil. My goal is to keep the lessons of the holocaust alive. After this event we said "NEVER AGAIN, " yet there are numerous places today where genocide is happening. We as individuals must do our part to help humanity survive the inhumanity that some have toward others. We cannot stand by while people are being tortured and killed for their differences, whatever they may be. I hope this presentation will make us all better students, teachers, friends, and community members. Please allow me the opportunity to try and make this difference.- Brad Wilkening
- Blank Park Zoo: A Very Musical Habitat Jun 28, 2018 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM — Roland Public Library,
- A Very Musical Habitat Habitats make music in various ways. Imagine the sound of wind blowing through grass in the prairie or the orchestras of insects singing in the rain forest – habitats are full of music! Join a zoo educator as we explore the songs and sounds of different habitats and meet animals from the zoo’s Education Department that call those habitats home.
- Jolly Roger: A Musical Pirate Adventure presented by the Jester Puppets Jul 12, 2018 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM — Roland Public Library,
- Jolly Roger A Musical Pirate Adventure! Jester Puppets is proud to announce its Summer Reading Program for 2018: "Jolly Roger - A Musical Pirate Adventure!" During our summer escapades, there will be a few familiar faces along for the journey and even some brand new characters that the kids will love. But everyone will need to keep a weather eye out, for a kraken may be near... We are encouraging all of the kids (and even the grown ups) to come to the show dressed as pirates. The word for the summer is INTERACTIVE! Kids will learn to walk like a pirate and talk like a pirate. Yo ho ho, me hearties! So swab yer decks and batten down your hatches 'cause Jester Puppets is ready to make port in the Roland Public Library!
- Instrument Petting Zoo Jul 18, 2018 from 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM — Roland Public Library,
- Join Amanda Drish from the Des Moines Symphony Academy for the instrument petting zoo! Amanda will schedule small classes of up to 15 kiddos, ages 4-10 for a 30 minute session. The first 15 minutes or so she will talk about the violin and the cello, and the last 15 minutes kids will have a chance to touch the instruments!
- The Civilian Conservation Corp presented by Author Linda McCann Sep 15, 2018 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM — Roland Public Library,
- Join us for an informative presentation on the CCC, a federally funded program that operated from 1933-1942 and helped shape the National and State Park systems.
Also in this section
- Past Events
- Events which have already happened.