What are you looking for?
Not finding what you need using internet search engines? We've compiled a list of other resources that may help you in your quest for information.
- Use Iowa Locator or WorldCat to find books, CDs, DVDs and other items in libraries
- Use HealthInfoIowa to start your search for health information. Other health care sites that may be useful are familydoctor.org or the Mayo Clinic website.
Iowa Maps Digital Collection offers access to county land ownership atlases and other history. Integrated access to the 9,000+ map items in the Iowa Digital Library is available through this website.
For genealogy searches, try:
- Ellis Island Foundation - Free searches to find information on immigrant ancestors arriving through Ellis Island.
- LDS Family Search - From the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the world's largest collection of free family history and family trees.
- Cyndi's List - A compilation of genealogy sites on the internet.
- Castlegarden.org - Database of information on immigrants from 1830 through 1892.
- Story County, Iowa GenWeb - Contains links to individual databases with Story County genealogy information.
- Roland Record - Digital archives for the Roland Record newspaper, provided courtesy of the Roland Historical Society.
- Roland Cemetery - Contains information about the local cemetery, as well as a map to help find specific graves. Information about the person buried in each plot and a picture of the gravestone is also included.